1. What is eSIM?
eSIM is an embedded SIM card in your device that does not involve any physical SIM card, where information is updated wirelessly enabling a mobile number without the need of a physical SIM card.
2. What are the advantages of an eSIM?
eSIM is easy to activate without the need of physical swapping of SIM cards to activate a mobile network subscription. They also allow for another physical SIM to be used at the same time (device dependent).
3. Which devices can support eSIM?
Currently XOX eSIM supports the following device only:
4. Is there any charge for using eSIM?
No, eSIM is free of charge for XOX customers until further notice. You only need to pay for your chosen ONEXOX BLACK mobile plan.
5. How do I subscribe and/or activate my eSIM?
Steps to activate your eSIM:
1. Scan QR code
2. Select the device that you would like to use eSIM on
3. Select your mobile number
4. Select your mobile plan
5. Fill up information
6. Proceed to Payment
7. Check your email for QR code. Scan the QR code, the eSIM profile will be installed and provisioned. In the case that QR Code does not work, manually enter the given SMDP+ and activation code that is given to you via the same email.
6. How do I unsubscribe my eSIM?
Call XOX customer service to terminate your line. Once terminated, delete the eSIM profile from your device.
7. Which mobile service plan is eligible for eSIM?
BLACK B39, B59e, B89 and B149 are eligible for eSIM. For more information, kindly refer to ONEXOX BLACK page.
8. Is there any special promotion for eSIM services?
Yes, B59e is a package specially made for new eSIM users. New subscribers of B59e will be receive 12GB data, unlimited calls, 100SMS every plan cycle - plus an extra 3GB FREE data every month!
9. If I subscribe to B59e, can I upgrade or downgrade my mobile plan?
Yes, you may upgrade or downgrade your plan but the extra 3GB free data will be automatically stopped. If you still wish to upgrade or downgrade your plan, you may proceed to change via SMS, on Easy Menu – *150#, on XOX Self Care or call our customer service.
10. I’m an existing XOX subscriber, can I subscribe to eSIM?
No, eSIM is temporarily available for new registration only. We are working on it, stay tuned for updates.
11. I’m currently subscribed to other telco with physical SIM card, can I switch my number to XOX e-SIM?
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is currently not available for port-in to eSIM. Stay tuned for updates.
12. Will I get SST freebies when I subscribe to BLACK eSIM??
No, SST freebies/reimbursement is currently not available for BLACK eSIM. Stay tuned for updates.
13. I accidentally reset my eSIM profile on my device. How do I restore my eSIM profile?
You can always download your eSIM profile again by scanning the QR code from the XOX eSIM activation email.
14. What should I do if the activation of my eSIM profile failed?
You can attempt again by scanning the QR code on the eSIM activation card. In the case that QR Code does not work please manually enter the given SMDP+ and activation code that is given to you via the same email. If the problem persists, please call our customer service.
15. I have successfully activated the eSIM on my device but it is still unable to connect to mobile network, what should I do?
Please power off and restart your mobile phone and upgrade to the later operating system, for Apple devices (iOS 12.1.1 or later versions). (If you applied for a new eSIM plan, please make sure your previous eSIM has been removed from your iPhone: Go to “Settings” > “Mobile Data” > “Manage XOX Account” > “Remove Plan”)
16. In the case of lost/stolen phone, what can I do?
Please contact our customer service immediately.
17. Can I change my device to another eSIM device?
Yes, please delete the eSIM plan on the previous mobile phone and scan the XOX eSIM QR Code from the email provided after your purchase and registration with the new device that would like to use eSIM on.